This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7575 / 51°45'26"N
Longitude: -1.831 / 1°49'51"W
OS Eastings: 411759
OS Northings: 206543
OS Grid: SP117065
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.RWD
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.63W2
Entry Name: House Approximately 20 Metres to North West of Church House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078787
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127331
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY CHURCH ROAD
11/85 House approximately 20m to north
west of Church House (previously
23.1.52 listed as Cottage opposite Church
House and occupied by F. Gleed)
Formerly 2 houses, now single detached house. Early-mid C19.
Coursed rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys; stone slate roof.
Two-storey with attic; rear outshut. Attached outbuilding and
coach house is not of special interest. Front: 4-window
fenestration, outer ground floor 3-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casements, 2-light to upper floor. Formerly 2 doorways
towards centre; right blocked, left having chamfered opening with
4-panel door. Two hipped roof attic dormers. Gable end chimneys.
Catslide roof of large unbroken expanse to rear outshut, timber
casements below. Interior not inspected. An example of the C19
adaptation of Cotswold features to a later plan type.
Listing NGR: SP1175706543
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings