This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7581 / 51°45'29"N
Longitude: -1.8309 / 1°49'51"W
OS Eastings: 411769
OS Northings: 206617
OS Grid: SP117066
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.RX8
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.62YK
Entry Name: 17, 18 and 20, the Square
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078796
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127357
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY OFF THE SQUARE
11/109 Nos 17, 18 and 20
Row of 3 houses. Late C17. Random rubble limestone; ashlar
chimneys; stone slate roofs. Two-storey, part built over vehicle
passage to rear yard. Front: lower part to left (Nos 17 and 18)
has 3 half gables each with 2-light recessed chamfered mullioned
casement with hoodmould; 2 doorways with timber lintels and plank
doors alternate with three 3-light ground floor casements. Short
length of parapet at south end of front conceals hipped roof to
south end. Single ridge-mounted chimney. Higher part to right (No
20) has 4 half gables each with timber casement and timber lintel.
Inverted stone cresting to junction between secondary ridge and
main roof slope. Scattered fenestration to ground floor including
doorway with timber lintel and plank door. Vehicle passage with
timber lintel below left gable has casement to right inserted in
former coach house doorway. Two ridge-mounted chimneys with plain
caps. Rear: 4 half gables, 2 on each side of vehicle passage.
Return wing at south end has gable-mounted chimney. Various
single-storey outshuts. Interior not inspected. No 21 (q.v.) is
attached at north end.
(Illustrated in W.G. Davie and E.G. Dawber, Old Cottages ... in the
Cotswold District, 1905)
Listing NGR: SP1176206606
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings