This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5789 / 51°34'43"N
Longitude: -0.2361 / 0°14'9"W
OS Eastings: 522323
OS Northings: 188140
OS Grid: TQ223881
Mapcode National: GBR 9G.C4D
Mapcode Global: VHGQJ.VLK0
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 7 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078855
English Heritage Legacy ID: 198807
Location: Barnet, London, NW4
Electoral Ward/Division: West Hendon
Built-Up Area: Barnet
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John West Hendon
Church of England Diocese: London
5004 ALGERNON ROAD
Church of St John
TQ 2288 24/5
1895 by Temple Moore, unfinished. Plain brick, decorated/perpendicular style with
stone dressings. Nave and south aisle only. Simple 5 lay interior with some C17
fittings. Pulpit of circa 1760 from St Michael Brassishaw and reredos from the
City Church of St George, Botolph Lane (installed 1673) moved to St Johns in 1909.
The font and reredos are in the manner of Wren. C17 panelling in the parish room
from Little Moorfields. The Temple Moore drawings are retained in the Church which
would have been a fine building if completed as intended.
Listing NGR: TQ2232388140
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings