This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4505 / 51°27'1"N
Longitude: 0.0525 / 0°3'9"E
OS Eastings: 542717
OS Northings: 174392
OS Grid: TQ427743
Mapcode National: GBR MS.CX9
Mapcode Global: VHHNQ.VSMW
Entry Name: The Greyhound Public House
Listing Date: 26 March 1954
Last Amended: 8 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079018
English Heritage Legacy ID: 200333
Location: Greenwich, London, SE9
Electoral Ward/Division: Eltham South
Built-Up Area: Greenwich
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Eltham St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
4412 ELTHAM HIGH STREET SE9
The Greyhound Public House
(formerly listed as No 86)
TQ 4274 53/W28 26.3.54.
Early C18 house of 2 storeys and sunk basement, 5 windows. Earlier internal
features, some of which may be part of an earlier building on the site, or they
may be imports. High pitched roof, renewed in machine tiles, with 4 C19 flat
dormers. Painted brick walls with parapet. 1st floor band. Brick
plinth. Gauged, flat brick arches to sash windows with glazing bars in flush
moulded frames (some sashes replaced). May once have been 3 dwellings, as there
are 3 doorways with cornice hoods on heavy, carved, scrolled brackets, resting
on reeded pilasters. Only the riglt one in external use, with modern ½-glazed
door. The others boxed in by panelled pent extension. Weatherboarded gables
at back. Wrought iron area railings in Gothic pattern.
Inside, in hall a C15 stone fireplace, with Tudor arch and carved spandrels.
C17 Dutch tiles inside. The fireplace said to come from Eltham Palace. RCHM.
Listing NGR: TQ4271774392
Other nearby listed buildings