This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5238 / 51°31'25"N
Longitude: -0.2946 / 0°17'40"W
OS Eastings: 518408
OS Northings: 181922
OS Grid: TQ184819
Mapcode National: GBR 7W.NDP
Mapcode Global: VHGQP.VY3Q
Entry Name: 7, Hillcrest Road
Listing Date: 22 October 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079340
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201145
Location: Ealing, London, W5
Electoral Ward/Division: Hanger Hill
Built-Up Area: Ealing
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Peter Mount Park
Church of England Diocese: London
The following building shall be added:
TQ 18 SE
962-/2/10013 No 7 (formerly known
Detached house. Designed 1913, completed 1915 by Robert Atkinson.
Contrasting red and buff coloured brick panels with bands beneath 1st
floor stone sill band and at 1st floor lintel level. Pantiled hipped
roof with upswept eaves, dormers and small pantiled gables supporting
tall brick end stacks. L-shaped plan. Front elevation symmetrical.
2 storeys and attic. 3 windows. Central entrance with double
panelled early C19 style doors; moulded doorcase has bracketed hood
forming a balcony with cast iron balustrade to tall architraved 1st
floor sash with scrolled pediment, drops and thick glazing bars.
Entrance flanked by small windows and oculi in slightly recessed
penultimate bays. At 1st floor level shallow round-arched recesses
flank the central window with flush frame sashes having thick glazing
bars in penultimate bays. Garden front of interest with canted
entrance bay set diagonally across angle of L: doorcase of panelled
pilasters supporting enriched brackets and frieze with modillion
segmental pediment to French windows with patterned overlight. Ground
floor sashes segmental arched, 1st floor flat-arched; right hand block
canted at angles with narrow window to each floor. Brick parapet,
upswept above entrance with panel. Interior believed to retain
original features including a twisted baluster C18 style open-well
stair. Robert Atkinson was Principal of the Architectural Association
1913-20 and its Director of Education until 1929; also an interior
Lawrence Weaver, Small Country Houses of Today, Vol. II, pp. 194-8,
Architectural Review June 1922, p216-8.
Paul Spencer-Longhurst, Robert Atkinson, 1989.
Listing NGR: TQ1840881922
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings