This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5733 / 51°34'24"N
Longitude: -0.3374 / 0°20'14"W
OS Eastings: 515319
OS Northings: 187362
OS Grid: TQ153873
Mapcode National: GBR 63.HMJ
Mapcode Global: VHGQH.3QH7
Entry Name: The Old Schools, Harrow School
Listing Date: 21 September 1951
Last Amended: 25 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079741
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201999
Location: Harrow, London, HA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Harrow on the Hill
Built-Up Area: Harrow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Harrow-on-the-Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
The Old Schools, Harrow School
(formerly listed as building
situated on the west side of
Church Hill immediately south
of the Vicarage and known as
The Old Schools)
TQ 1587 SW 16/9 21.9.51
West wing, originally built 1615 and incorporating panelled schoolroom probably about
that date. Architect Mr Sly. East wing added 1820 by C R Cockerell and the Whole,
apart from the left flank wall, appears to be refaced in red brick at that date.
Two main storeys with basement and staircase link between the wings. Mullion and
transom window and oriel at first-storey. Stepped gables with tiled roof.
Listing NGR: TQ1532687367
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings