This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4704 / 51°28'13"N
Longitude: -0.0085 / 0°0'30"W
OS Eastings: 538417
OS Northings: 176485
OS Grid: TQ384764
Mapcode National: GBR L2.2HV
Mapcode Global: VHGR7.S9VM
Entry Name: Southwark Diocesan House
Listing Date: 30 August 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080040
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203258
Location: Lewisham, London, SE10
Electoral Ward/Division: Blackheath
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Blackheath The Ascension
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
DARTMOUTH ROW SE10
4424 (East Side)
(Southwark Diocesan House)
TQ 3876 9/L24 30.8.54.
Formerly The College of Grey Ladies.
Large house of late C18. 3 storeys and basement, 5 windows, and narrow,
blank window spaces flanking centre bay. Multicoloured stock brick with
parapet front. Gauged flat, brick arches and stone cills to replaced,
recessed sash windows with glazing bars. On ground floor left and right
3-window canted bays with parapets. 2 curved flights of steps, projecting
over basement and supported on round posts, to terrace in front of central
doorway. Cornice head and radial fanlight over new door. Stuccoed
surrounding wall, with impost band, up to cornice resting on keystone of
door arch. Round basement windows, including one in terrace wall, between
steps. On South return full height canted bay with entablature and blocking
course. Set back 3-storey l-window North extension, running back beyond house.
Listing NGR: TQ3841776485
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings