This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.546 / 51°32'45"N
Longitude: -0.4794 / 0°28'45"W
OS Eastings: 505537
OS Northings: 184107
OS Grid: TQ055841
Mapcode National: GBR 14.9SM
Mapcode Global: VHFT4.MDXP
Entry Name: The Market House
Listing Date: 8 May 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080208
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202866
Location: Hillingdon, London, UB8
Electoral Ward/Division: Uxbridge South
Built-Up Area: Hillingdon
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Uxbridge St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: London
5018 HIGH STREET
The Market House
TQ 0584 SE 19/259 8.5.50.
1788. 2-storey, 11-window front with an extra blank-panelled half storey added
to 3 centre bays. These are crowned by a pediment with bell-cupola over.
Round window in pediment. Light red brick with parapets at sides, stone cornices
to centrepiece and pediment. Gauged brick arches to replaced casements. Centre
1st floor windows round headed and enlarged to fill recess spaces (balustrades
below them are narrower). Doric colonnaded ground floor filled with modern
glazing. Inside Doric screen between 2 ranges of stalls; and a mock C17 staircase.
Listing NGR: TQ0553784107
Other nearby listed buildings