This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5 / 51°29'59"N
Longitude: -0.2853 / 0°17'7"W
OS Eastings: 519115
OS Northings: 179285
OS Grid: TQ191792
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.BQ0
Mapcode Global: VHGQX.0KHH
Entry Name: Gunnersbury House
Listing Date: 21 May 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080330
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202558
Location: Hounslow, London, W3
Electoral Ward/Division: Turnham Green
Built-Up Area: Hounslow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: All Saints Ealing
Church of England Diocese: London
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/01/2016
TQ 1979 15/107
GUNNERSBURY AVENUE, W3
The smaller of the 2 houses built to replace that demolished after Princess Amelia's death in 1786. Built 1801-1802 for Stephen Cosser, and owned by Major Alexander Morison from 1808. War damage to interior. 2 storeys with cornice and pierced roof parapet. Stucco. North front recessed centre 3:3:3: sashes in moulded architrave with keystone. Unaltered early porch with fluted Doric columns entablature blocking course. South front recessed centre, and bows. 3:3:3 windows, sashes except for 3 French windows. Central ground floor Chinoiserie verandah, cast iron columns and bell ornament. 1837-44 Service wing added by Peacock fronted on South by Orangery rusticated with 7 arches between pilasters. Sashes except for half glazed end doors in coved reveals under open pediments. House lent to gentile guests of the Rothchilds for weekend use. Damaged by fire but now to be used as gardeners' educational centre (December 1968).
Listing NGR: TQ1911579285
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings