This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4724 / 51°28'20"N
Longitude: -0.1037 / 0°6'13"W
OS Eastings: 531804
OS Northings: 176534
OS Grid: TQ318765
Mapcode National: GBR NV.WB
Mapcode Global: VHGR6.5812
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 27 March 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080369
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204390
Location: Lambeth, London, SE5
Electoral Ward/Division: Vassall
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Kennington St John Divine with St James Apostle
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
KNATCHBULL ROAD SE5
1. (east side)
Church of St James
TQ 3176 13/578 27.3.79
1869-70 by George Low, the gift of J L Minet, benefactor to the neighbourhood.
Kentish ragstone rubble with Bath stone dressings in late C13 style. High pitched
slated roofs. Nave with west portal, aisles, gabled transepts and projecting
north and south chapels, lower apsidal chancel and north tower with stone spire.
Five-bay nave and tall, wide arch to chancel. Good stained glass by Ward and
Hughes, representing apostles and parables, in aisles and transepts. Arch braced
timber roof, braces resting on corbels above arcade arches. Doors with good ironwork.
Listing NGR: TQ3180476534
Other nearby listed buildings