This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.493 / 51°29'34"N
Longitude: -0.1184 / 0°7'6"W
OS Eastings: 530718
OS Northings: 178798
OS Grid: TQ307787
Mapcode National: GBR KL.KY
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.WQRT
Entry Name: Walls of Former Graveyard on Perimeter of Recreation Ground
Listing Date: 27 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080371
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204394
Location: Lambeth, London, SE11
Electoral Ward/Division: Prince's
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: North Lambeth
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LAMBETH HIGH STREET SE11
1. (east side)
Walls of former
graveyard on perimeter
of recreation ground
TQ 3078 4/745
C18 walls of reddish brick with upper part sloped up to coping of bricks on end;
Flemish bound. In north wall three stone-capped piers at intervals; also a pier
at north-east corner of western section. Eastern part of southern range is lowered
and C19 piers and railings added. Eastern wall has lost top courses; the north
end is reduced to a foundation and is not of special interest.
Plaque commemorates gift of land by Archbishop Tenison in 1709 for graveyard,
enlargement in 1814, closure in 1853 and conversion to recreation ground in 1884.
Listing NGR: TQ3071878798
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings