This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.463 / 51°27'46"N
Longitude: -0.124 / 0°7'26"W
OS Eastings: 530420
OS Northings: 175449
OS Grid: TQ304754
Mapcode National: GBR JY.BQ
Mapcode Global: VHGR5.SHTB
Entry Name: 118 and 120, Ferndale Road Sw4
Listing Date: 27 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080463
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204231
Location: Lambeth, London, SW4
Electoral Ward/Division: Ferndale
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Brixton St Paul with St Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
1. FERNDALE ROAD SW4
5023 (north side)
Nos 118 and 120
TQ 3075 17/379
1870's. End pavilion closing the Jennings terrace and turning the corner to
Tintern Street. Three storeys, 2 windows, with canted angle to 3-window return.
Stock brick with terra-cotta dressings. Vermiculate quoins. Fairly low-pitched
hipped slate roof with moulded cornice and deep, leafy brackets overlapping
impost string to segment-headed second floor windows. Impost string also on
first floor to round-arched windows whose rusticated architraves rest on pilasters
with panels and capitals of guilloche moulding. Ground floor shop fronts, No
118 altered but No 120 original with slightly projecting fascia resting on fluted
and garlanded columns; panelled stallrisers.
Listing NGR: TQ3042075449
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings