This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4491 / 51°26'56"N
Longitude: -0.1059 / 0°6'21"W
OS Eastings: 531713
OS Northings: 173935
OS Grid: TQ317739
Mapcode National: GBR GR.FYX
Mapcode Global: VHGR6.3VV0
Entry Name: Brockwell Hall
Listing Date: 5 September 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080511
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204059
Location: Lambeth, London, SE24
Electoral Ward/Division: Thurlow Park
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Brixton St Matthew with St Jude
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
BROCKWELL PARK SE24
TQ 3173 27/112 5.9.75
1816 by D R Roper. Gentleman's suburban villa now used as refreshment rooms.
Two-storeys and basement, 3 bays on entrance front. Greyish yellow brick with
ashlar dressings including basement, cornice and blocking course and panels
with Greek fret pattern below windows. Centre bay recessed; outer windows
in full-height projecting sections. Gauged flat brick arches to first floor
windows, the central one in segmental arched recess. All windows replaced sashes
with glazing bars, those on ground floor tripartite with console brackets to
dentil cornice below patterned plaster tympanum under segmental relieving arch.
Five stone steps to prostyle Tetrastyle Ionic central porch with balustraded
balcony over. Mid C19 2-storey and basement, 4-window right extension with
hipped slate roof. Garden front has central projecting bow with 3 long casements
to terrace up central curved flight of steps. Later wing has canted bay with
first floor balcony of ornamental ironwork with swept lead roof. Interior with
period features and a room with murals of rustic scenes painted circa 1897 by
Listing NGR: TQ3171373935
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings