This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5021 / 51°30'7"N
Longitude: -0.1198 / 0°7'11"W
OS Eastings: 530596
OS Northings: 179801
OS Grid: TQ305798
Mapcode National: GBR KH.7Q
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.WH0W
Entry Name: Approximately 250 Metres of River Wall with 19 Lamp Standards Immediately West of the County Hall
Listing Date: 27 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080571
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203999
Location: Lambeth, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bishop's
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Waterloo St John with St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
BELVEDERE ROAD SE1
1. (west side)
Approx 250 metres of
River Wall with
19 Lamp Standards
immediately west of
TQ 3079 2/37 The County Hall
Grey granite wall with plinth and square coping, heightened by a later granite
course. At intervals, 19 lamp standards of cast iron, made of intertwined dolphins
around a wreathed, fluted column supporting globular lamp holder with crown
finial, the whole resting on tall, granite plinth; lamp bases inscribed 'VIC:REG'
[land, variously] '1910', '1933' or 'G.V.R'; each plinth bears (on river face)
bronze lion head with ring in mouth.
Listing NGR: TQ3059679801
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings