This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4932 / 51°29'35"N
Longitude: -0.0325 / 0°1'56"W
OS Eastings: 536684
OS Northings: 178978
OS Grid: TQ366789
Mapcode National: GBR K5.NGK
Mapcode Global: VHGR1.DQ5N
Entry Name: Parish Boundary Stone
Listing Date: 15 June 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080778
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203483
Location: Southwark, London, SE16
Electoral Ward/Division: Evelyn
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Deptford St Nicholas and St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
The following building shall be added:-
ST GEORGE'S WHARF
2/126 (Parish Boundary Stone)
Parish boundary stone. 1819, marking the boundaries between the
parishes of St Paul's Deptford and St Mary's Rotherhithe. Comprises
stone pier about 4 feet high with a moulded cornice and plinth
vertical incised line with letters"ST. P.D." on left and "ST. M.R."
to right, each with date 1819. Below right side are also the dates
1877 and 1886. Attached to the left is a section of stock brick
walling about 3 feet 6 inches high with stone coping about 20 feet
long, terminating in a square pier with stone cornice. In front is a
section of paving slabs, some tooled, about 6ft wide by 30 feet long
edged with granite slabs.
Listing NGR: TQ3668478978
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings