This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.459 / 51°27'32"N
Longitude: -0.2734 / 0°16'24"W
OS Eastings: 520049
OS Northings: 174754
OS Grid: TQ200747
Mapcode National: GBR 8V.V1G
Mapcode Global: VHGR3.6LTC
Entry Name: The Halsteads
Listing Date: 25 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080820
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205309
Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, SW14
District: Richmond upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: East Sheen
Built-Up Area: Richmond upon Thames
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Mortlake with East Sheen
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
5028 FIFE ROAD
TQ 2074 28/8
1868. A W Blomfield. Mass concrete walls, rendered and whitewashed partly tiled
and partly tarmac covered roof. Two storeys and attic. Four bays wide, the first
and third from left having cross gables facing the street; the third bay slightly
advanced, containing entrance, with 4-light mullioned and transomed square headed
window above. Staircase window between storeys to right of left-hand bay. Prominent
eaves. String course between storeys. Windows moulded and recessed. Imported doorcase.
Roof pitched to permiter but central flat area within, which includes the lighting
for passage below. Internal walls concrete.
The first known architect designed concrete house. Joseph Tull, the inventor of
standardised concrete shuttering, was the contractor.
Listing NGR: TQ2004974754
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings