This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4187 / 51°25'7"N
Longitude: -0.2218 / 0°13'18"W
OS Eastings: 523747
OS Northings: 170348
OS Grid: TQ237703
Mapcode National: GBR BM.8S2
Mapcode Global: VHGRB.3LMT
Entry Name: Wimbledon College Including Former Mansion Attached to Hall
Listing Date: 2 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080922
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205053
Location: Merton, London, SW19
Electoral Ward/Division: Hillside
Built-Up Area: Merton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Wimbledon
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON EDGE HILL, Wimbledon, SW19
7/44 Wimbledon College,
including former mansion
attached to hall
School. 1860. S S Teulon, architect. Additions of 1865-7 (Teulon), 1896-8 and
later. Chapel of 1896-8 designed by F A Walters. Red brick, black brick patterning.
Slate roof. L-shaped core of 12 bays, including three advanced to right. Later
ranges to right and rear. 3 storeys. 2 and 3-light mullioned and transomed windows
with pointed arched heads; cuspless plate glass. Bays 2 and 3, 4 and 5, 8 and
9 paired beneath hipped gables; chimneys rising between some bays. Spired fleche
at junction between arms of 'L'. Pointed arched entrance to second bay from left.
Similar treatment to rear. Mid C20 additions to north and west not of special
Listing NGR: TQ2374770348
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings