This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.532 / 51°31'55"N
Longitude: 0.0555 / 0°3'19"E
OS Eastings: 542674
OS Northings: 183459
OS Grid: TQ426834
Mapcode National: GBR NG.0PT
Mapcode Global: VHHNB.XR7F
Entry Name: Council Offices
Listing Date: 25 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080960
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204947
Location: Newham, London, E6
Electoral Ward/Division: East Ham Central
Built-Up Area: Newham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: East Ham, Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 48 SW HIGH STREET SOUTH
4/15 (East side)
EAST HAM E6
- Council Offices
Former fire station now offices, at corner of Nelson Street 1913. (Dated in parapet
of tower). J E W Birch, Borough Surveyor. Bold red brick building of two and a
half storeys with terracotta dressings and slated roof. 4 bays to front and return
elevation of three bays to right. Tappring slated cupola to tower at corner.
Mullioned and transomed windows to 1st floor with 4 rusticated segmental leaded
openings to ground. Pedimented gables to 2nd floor. Gabled parapet to tower with
obelisks. Listed for group value with library and town hall.
Listing NGR: TQ4267483459
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings