This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.521 / 51°31'15"N
Longitude: 0.0202 / 0°1'12"E
OS Eastings: 540259
OS Northings: 182165
OS Grid: TQ402821
Mapcode National: GBR LS.XD4
Mapcode Global: VHHNJ.91KB
Entry Name: Fairbairn Hall
Listing Date: 25 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080988
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204920
Location: Newham, London, E13
Electoral Ward/Division: Canning Town South
Built-Up Area: Newham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Plaistow and North Canning TownThe Divine Compassion
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 48 SW BARKING ROAD
4/22 (south side)
CANNING TOWN E16
- Fairbairn Hall
1897-98. Architect - F W Troup. Red brick and yellow terracotta tiled roof. Glazed
tiled plinth. Free neo-Tudor style. 3 storeys. Cross gable to each end. Pro-
jecting square bays rise full height of building beneath gables. Mullioned and
transomed square headed windows with leaded light to centre. Two large semicircular
ground floor windows with radiating glazing bars. Entrance beneath canopied semi-
circular arch. Etched glass to doors. Corbelled to right hand corner. Corner
turret with squat columns crowned by semi-dome and finial. Originally built as
Mansfield House University Settlement. Residential extension to rear 1935-8.
Interior not seen.
Listing NGR: TQ4025982165
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings