This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5727 / 51°34'21"N
Longitude: 0.0667 / 0°4'0"E
OS Eastings: 543323
OS Northings: 188004
OS Grid: TQ433880
Mapcode National: GBR NC.PHD
Mapcode Global: VHHN5.3QNR
Entry Name: Dovecote and Attached Garden Walls
Listing Date: 22 February 1979
Last Amended: 9 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081015
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204881
Location: Redbridge, London, IG1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cranbrook
Built-Up Area: Redbridge
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Great Ilford St Margaret and St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 48 NW VALENTINES PARK, Ilford
5/10 Dovecote and attached garden walls
Dovecote and garden walls. Early to mid-C18. Plum brick with red brick dressings. The dovecote is two-storey, octagonal, with ogee windowsat first floor height and a shallow pitched roof of slate. It is attached to an L-shaped Walled garden, open to the north. The walls are constructed partly of red brick, laid in English Bond and partly of yellow and phiil1stock brick. There are several arched openings, some blocked up. The western part of walled garden was originally the kitchen garden; the east was and remains a formal garden. The wall to the north of the mid-C19 gardener's cottage on the west side is extra wide, with a heated internal cavity for fruit growing. A bronze plaque, '1951 Festival of Britain', is affixed, commemorating the famous vine that formerly grew here. Valentines Park is included in the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens at grade II.
Listing NGR: TQ4332388004
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings