This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2114 / 52°12'40"N
Longitude: -2.1452 / 2°8'42"W
OS Eastings: 390174
OS Northings: 257026
OS Grid: SO901570
Mapcode National: GBR 1G1.BFY
Mapcode Global: VH92N.RPS4
Entry Name: Grodon's Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 December 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081186
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147882
Location: Tibberton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9
Civil Parish: Tibberton
Built-Up Area: Tibberton
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Hadzor with Oddingley and Tibberton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
TIBBERTON CP CHURCH LANE (west side)
SO 95 NW
6/206 (18/1D) Gordon's Farmhouse
Farmhouse. C15, extended late C16 with late C18 and mid-C19 alterations.
Timber-framed, painted brick and rendered infill on lias limestone rubble
plinth, painted brick refacing and replacement walling, plain tiled roofs.
Hall and cross-wing plan; original C15 hall house of three framed bays
aligned north-east/south-west, large external chimney and bread oven to
rear centre; cross-wing of two framed bays added at north-east gable
end with large central chimney and two star-shaped stacks; at about the
same time a framed bay was added to the rear of the original hall house
enclosing the chimney and itself having an external chimney and bread oven.
Two storeys, attic and cellar; dentilled eaves cornice. Framing: hall part
is cruck-framed; the south-east end cruck is partly visible in the gable
end; rear wall-frame of two panels from sill to wall-plate; front wall-frame
rebuilt in brick; cross-wing has five panels from sill to wall-plate and
some long straight lower corner braces; collar and tie-beam trusses with
four struts to collar, concave lozenge panels between the struts and lattice
detail above the collar at the front, and three struts to collar and a V-
strut in the apex at rear; bay at rear of hall has four panels from sill
to wall-plate and a collar and tie-beam truss with three struts to collar.
North-east front elevation: windows are 3-light casements; hall part has
two ground-floor windows with cambered heads and three first-floor windows;
main entrance in angle with cross-wing has a lean-to tiled porch, half-
glazed to the left side, and a 6-panelled door, transom light with central
glazing bar and a moulded architrave; there is a C19 gable end chimney.
Cross-wing has plank weatherings at main floor levels and above collar;
ground- and first-floor window and attic light. Interior: C15 part has
evidence of two full cruck trusses, an inserted first floor with moulded
cross-beamed ceiling and a large fireplace; cross-wing has moulded ceiling
beams and large fireplace in front bay of ground floor. Framed bay to
rear of hall used as a kitchen in C19. (VCH 3 (ii), p 537).
Listing NGR: SO9017457026
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings