This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2622 / 52°15'43"N
Longitude: -2.1182 / 2°7'5"W
OS Eastings: 392030
OS Northings: 262673
OS Grid: SO920626
Mapcode National: GBR 1FH.59M
Mapcode Global: VH92H.7DKN
Entry Name: Coffin Bridge No 34
Listing Date: 26 August 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081249
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147729
Location: Hadzor, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9
Civil Parish: Hadzor
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Hadzor with Oddingley and Tibberton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
HADZOR CP WORCESTER & BIRMINGHAM CANAL
SO 96 SW
3/53 (14/81) Coffin Bridge No 34
Canal accommodation bridge. Early C19. Red brick with blue brick parapet
coping. Elliptical arch and cambered sides; parapet has a 2-course band
at its base, is splayed at each end, and is terminated by square piers.
The Worcester and Birmingham Canal was built for the Earl of Dudley between
1791 and 1815 to link the Birmingham Canal Navigations with the River Severn.
Its primary purpose was as a means of supplying coal from the Black Country
to the south-west Midlands. The towpath runs beneath the east side of the
Listing NGR: SO9203062673
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings