This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2604 / 52°15'37"N
Longitude: -2.1266 / 2°7'35"W
OS Eastings: 391456
OS Northings: 262472
OS Grid: SO914624
Mapcode National: GBR 1FH.94R
Mapcode Global: VH92H.3G32
Entry Name: Dell Pool Shrine About 100 Yards South-West of Hadzor Hall
Listing Date: 4 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081284
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147718
Location: Hadzor, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9
Civil Parish: Hadzor
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Hadzor with Oddingley and Tibberton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 96 SW
Dell Pool Shrine about
100 yards south-west of Hadzor Hall
Shrine. Early C19. Ashlar, cast iron with boarded infill, Roman tiled roof.
Square ashlar plinth, rear ashlar apsidal wall and, at each corner, a slender
fluted cast iron column with acanthus-moulded capital. Gable ends at front
and rear are pedimented with cast iron acroteria. The side elevations have
painted boarded infill panels and large semi-circular headed windows and leaded
glass arranged in a fishscale pattern beneath the arched heads. The front
elevation is open with three steps leading to the interior. Interior has a
semi-circular headed niche in the rear wall at the base of which is a plinth
with a metal plaque commemorating Theodore Hugh Galton and William Joseph
Galton who were killed in the First World War. An unusual garden building
with good cast ironwork similar to that of the nearby conservatory (qv).
Listing NGR: SO9145662472
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings