This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1153 / 52°6'55"N
Longitude: -1.8897 / 1°53'22"W
OS Eastings: 407650
OS Northings: 246334
OS Grid: SP076463
Mapcode National: GBR 3L6.932
Mapcode Global: VHB0V.63C8
Entry Name: South House
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081302
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147660
Location: South Littleton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: South Littleton
Built-Up Area: South Littleton
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: South Littleton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SP 0746 SOUTH LITTLETON MAIN STREET
6/25 (East Side)
30.7.59 South House
House c.1780 red brick with stone dressings. Low pitch valley roof and end wall
stacks. Double pile plan. Two-storey and structural attic. Regular front.
Rendered stone cornice, parapet, floor bands and quoins. Hove window ground and
1st floors, glazing bar sash windows with gauged brick heads and stone keystones with
cornice strips. Stone sills. Three window attic floor with glazing bar sash windows
and deystones. Arched doorway with 6 panel door, panelled reveals, radiating bar
fanlight and open pedimented Roman Doric doorcase. Rear: cambered head openings with
casement windows, triple with top lights to 1st floor. Two bands, one brick the other
stone. To rear 2 low barns, one brick, one stone. Attached at South end of stone
barn is a stone chamfered doorway with AL 1673 carved above. Interior: front South
room has Adam style decoration including 2 fine curved niches with pilaster frames.
Listing NGR: SP0765046334
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings