History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Michael

A Grade II* Listed Building in South Littleton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1144 / 52°6'51"N

Longitude: -1.8908 / 1°53'26"W

OS Eastings: 407572

OS Northings: 246237

OS Grid: SP075462

Mapcode National: GBR 3L6.GR4

Mapcode Global: VHB0V.53RX

Entry Name: Church of St Michael

Listing Date: 30 July 1959

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1081303

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147662

Location: South Littleton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: South Littleton

Built-Up Area: South Littleton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: South Littleton

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
South Littleton

Listing Text

SP 7046 SOUTH LITTLETON MAIN STREET
6/31 (West Side)

30.7.59 Church of St Michael
GV
II*

Church C13 and C15 heavily restored 1883 by F Preedy. Blue lias stone with plain
tile roofs. West tower, nave with South porch and North transept, chancel. Tower 2
stage C15 with 2-light bell openings and embattled parapet. Diagonal buttresses.
Nave; small cusped C13 lancet, round arched C12 South door and 2 C15 hollow chamfer
3-light windows to South side. Timber South proch rebuilt 1883. North transept with
small C13 lancets to East and West and paired cusped lancets to North. 1883 arch to
nave. Chancel with renewed 3-light East window, small C18 square North window, and to
South side late C13 2-light window, Tudor-arched door with 2-light Perp window adjacent
hollow chamfered with carved head stops to hoodmould. Roof and chancel arch 1883.
Pillar piscina C12 defaced. Head stop to South door. Norman font, circular with
rosettes and band decoration. C16 bench ends, C15 or C16 panels to pulpit, some
medieval tiles in North transept. East window stained galss 1903 by T F Curtis, Ward
& Hughes (signed).


Listing NGR: SP0757246237

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.