History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Andrew

A Grade II* Listed Building in Cleeve Prior, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1421 / 52°8'31"N

Longitude: -1.8731 / 1°52'23"W

OS Eastings: 408782

OS Northings: 249324

OS Grid: SP087493

Mapcode National: GBR 3KV.M85

Mapcode Global: VHB0N.HF45

Entry Name: Church of St Andrew

Listing Date: 30 July 1959

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1081345

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147560

Location: Cleeve Prior, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Cleeve Prior

Built-Up Area: Cleeve Prior

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Cleeve Prior

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Cleeve Prior

Listing Text

SP 0049 CLEEVE PRIOR THE GREEN
4/20

30.7.59 Church of St Andrew
GV
II*

Church C12 to C14 restored 1863 by E Christian. Blue lias stone. West tower, nave,
chancel and small South transept added in C18. Tower mid to later C14, 3-stage with
diagonal buttresses up to bell stage, 2-light cinquefoil cusped bell openings, renewed
Perp style West window, original crocketted openings to 2nd stage and to small stair
lights and rebuilt parapet and pinnacles. Nave with stone tiled roof; 3 EE lancets
and pointed arched door to South; 2 lancets, arched door and small square window to
North. Moulded tower arch. C15 arch braced collar roof. South transept rendered
with small stone framed leaded lights. Chancel largely of 1863 with steep plain tile
roof. Three-light East window with quatrefoil head, 2 cusped trefoil head windows,
two 2-light windows with quatrefoil heads. Plain chamfered South door with
hoodmould.

C14 font on older base, some C13 bench ends and fragments of C15 glass in North
window. Chancel wall monument to T Bushell d.1713.
East window and one chancel South window of c.1870, one chancel North window of c.1856
and one nave window early C20 signed B Warren.


Listing NGR: SP0878249324

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.