This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0913 / 52°5'28"N
Longitude: -1.9467 / 1°56'48"W
OS Eastings: 403750
OS Northings: 243663
OS Grid: SP037436
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SRN
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6PQP
Entry Name: The Bell Tower
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147476
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
1. (South Side)
The Bell Tower
SP 0343 NE 1/4 7.5.52.
Early C16. Built by Abbot Lichfield. Rises in 3 stages to 110 ft. Pierced by
an archway with unfinished vaulting and is surmounted by openwork battlements,
and pinnacles. Fine and very late example of Perpendicular style.
Church of All Saints, Church of St Lawrence, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's Wall
and the Porter's Lodge, Remains of west wall of North Transept of Abbey, Archway
to south of the Remains of west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Abbot Reginald's
Gateway and The Old Vicarage, the Public Library, Nos 6 and 6A, Nos 7 and 8 and
Walker Hall, Market Place form a group with Nos 53 and 54 incorporating Remains
of Abbey Gate; Gate and railings of No 53, Remains of Abbey Stables, The Almonry
and The Stocks, Merstow Green together with Nos 1 and 3 and Remains of south wall
of Abbey Precinct, Little Abbey Lane.
Listing NGR: SP0375043662
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings