This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0914 / 52°5'29"N
Longitude: -1.949 / 1°56'56"W
OS Eastings: 403592
OS Northings: 243676
OS Grid: SP035436
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.S2Z
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.5PJL
Entry Name: The Stocks
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081360
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147493
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SP 0343 NE 1/111 7.5.52.
Medieval wood stocks which formerly stood in the Market Place. Modern Cotswold-tiled
canopy and iron railings.
Nos 53 and 54 incorporating Remains of Abbey Gate, Gate and railings of No 53,
Remains of Abbey Stables, the Almonry and The Stocks, together with No 1 and
No 3 and Remains of south wall of Abbey Precinct, Little Abbey Lane, form a group
with Church of All Saints, Church of St Lawrence, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's
Wall and The Porter's Lodge, Remains of west wall of North Transept of Abbey,
Archway to south of the Remains of the west wall of the North Transept of Abbey,
Abbot Reginald's Gateway and The Old Vicarage, the Public Library, Nos 6 and 6A,
Nos 7 and 8 and Walker Hall, Market Place.
Listing NGR: SP0359243676
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings