This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0325 / 52°1'57"N
Longitude: -2.0549 / 2°3'17"W
OS Eastings: 396331
OS Northings: 237127
OS Grid: SO963371
Mapcode National: GBR 2KM.H9M
Mapcode Global: VHB14.B5JP
Entry Name: 65,66 and 67
Listing Date: 2 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081642
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148511
Location: Conderton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Conderton
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Overbury with Teddington, Alstone and Little Washbourne with Beckford and Ashton-under-Hill
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
CONDERTON CP -
SO 9637 - 9737
10/59 Nos 65, 66 and 67
Row of three houses. Circa 1908-10 by Ernest Newton for Richard Biddulph
Martin. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, stone tiled roof
laid in diminishing courses with overhanging eaves and large ashlar stacks,
two to main ridge, one to rear centre of main ridge and one at each end.
H-plan with rear central wing. Single storey and attic with half-dormers.
Windows are all leaded casements and have cambered heads (except for the
dormer windows). South front elevation: central range has four ground floor
windows to two lights, four gabled half-dormers with weatherboarding within
the gables and 3-light windows, and, at the centre and the outer upper corners,
beneath the eaves is a small circular landing window. Beneath the circular
windows are the three main entrances which have round-headed archways with
moulded surrounds and dropped keyblocks and lead into small lobbies with half-
glazed entrance doors. The gable ends of the cross-wings to the left and right
of the south front have 4-light ground floor windows and 3-light attic windows.
On a quoin to the upper right corner of the right gable end is inscribed
"AD 1910". At each side of the cross-wings to the rear of the end stacks are
lean-to wash-houses with catside roofs. The wash-house to the central dwelling
is situated in the rear wing. (Newton, W G: The Life and Works of Ernest Newton,
Listing NGR: SO9633137127
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings