History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Conderton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0327 / 52°1'57"N

Longitude: -2.0538 / 2°3'13"W

OS Eastings: 396403

OS Northings: 237139

OS Grid: SO964371

Mapcode National: GBR 2KM.HK7

Mapcode Global: VHB14.C52L

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 2 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1081643

English Heritage Legacy ID: 148515

Location: Conderton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, GL20

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Conderton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Overbury with Teddington, Alstone and Little Washbourne with Beckford and Ashton-under-Hill

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Beckford

Listing Text

CONDERTON CP -
SO 9637 - 9737
10/63 Manor Farmhouse
GV II

Farmhouse. Early C19 with alterations of c1910 by Ernest Newton. Coursed
limestone rubble faced with ashlar to front; two-span slate roof with gable-
end parapets, stone ridge and ashlar end stacks (the right end one has a
moulded capping). Two storeys and attic. Three bays. The outer bays have
16-pane sash windows on both floors and there is a central first floor round-
arched window with a dropped keyblock and a 12-pane sash which has a traceried
head. The central entrance has a flat moulded canopy on corbels immediately
beneath which projects a cast iron porch with a shallow swept hipped-roofed
canopy and decorated infill panels. The doorway has a moulded architrave and
a 6-panelled door with four raised and fielded, and two upper glazed panels.
Attic lights in gable ends. C20 casements in rear range. The Farmhouse was
known as Greave's Farmhouse at the time of the 1910 alterations. (Newton, W G:
The Life and Works of Ernest Newton, London, 1925).


Listing NGR: SO9640337139

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.