This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1572 / 52°9'25"N
Longitude: -2.6878 / 2°41'16"W
OS Eastings: 353040
OS Northings: 251213
OS Grid: SO530512
Mapcode National: GBR FM.67WP
Mapcode Global: VH859.C1DM
Entry Name: Barn and Adjoining Stable and Shelter Sheds About 30 Yards North West of Bodenham Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 21 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082012
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149580
Location: Bodenham, County of Herefordshire, HR1
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Bodenham
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Bodenham
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BODENHAM CP BODENHAM
SO 55 SW
5/17 Barn and adjoining
stable and shelter
sheds about 30 yards
Bodenham Court Farmhouse
Barn and adjoining stable and shelter sheds. Late C16 to early C17, believed
to have been re-erected at Bodenham Court Farm in the early C19, altered and
extended mid-C19 and circa 1900. Timber-framed and weatherboarded on sand-
stone rubble base with rubble alterations and corrugated asbestos roof. Five
framed bays aligned east/west, central wagon bay has opposed cart entries
and gabled midstrey on south side. Three rubble bays adjoin east end. On
the south side of these is a door and window in the second bay from the west
end and also three skylights in the roof. The rubble part has two ground
floor windows flanking a central doorway; there is a loft door and an additional
opening above at the east gable end. All openings in the rubble part have
cambered heads. The interior of the barn was not inspected but is recorded
to be built from re-used,late C16 to early C17 timber. A five-bay shelter shed
adjoins the west bay to the south and a two-bay rubble building adjoins it to
the north. Another four-bay shelter shed adjoins this building at its north
end. This shelter shed is attached to a two-bay stable and another eight-bay
shelter shed aligned east/west which enclose the yard to the rear of the barn.
The stable is a rubble structure with a plain tiled roof and has a collar and
tie-beam truss with four struts and a V-strut in the apex at its east gable
end. There are two ground floor wndows, three upper level windows and a door-
way facing the yard. The barn is believed to have been originally situated
in Parsonage Meadow, east of the Church of St Michael and All Angels (qv).
It was moved some time after 1913 by "Biggs of Urdimarsh" to its present
site. The buildings are situated adjacent to Bodenham Court Farmhouse (qv).
Included for group value. (Brian, Dr A: The Houses of the Township of
Bodenham Devereux and their inhabitants in the C19 and earlier, unpublished notes).
Listing NGR: SO5304051213
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings