This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3631 / 52°21'47"N
Longitude: -2.8757 / 2°52'32"W
OS Eastings: 340468
OS Northings: 274254
OS Grid: SO404742
Mapcode National: GBR BC.S8Q6
Mapcode Global: VH76L.3VMT
Entry Name: Ebenezer Congregational Church and Library Attached to East
Listing Date: 19 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149535
Location: Leintwardine, County of Herefordshire, SY7
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Leintwardine
Built-Up Area: Leintwardine
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Wigmore Abbey
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 4074 - 4174 LEINTWARDINE CP TIPTON'S LANE (north side)
10/69 Ebenezer Congregational
Church and Library attached
Church and schoolroom, now library. 1869 and 1881 on respective plaques.
Sandstone rubble with sandstone and polychromatic brick dressings and Welsh
slate roofs. Three-bay church with polygonal west end, aligned east/west
and former schoolroom attached at right angles at east end. South elevation:
church to left has three lancets with cast iron glazing bars above which are
moulded brick labels. Blue and brown brick jambs and quoins. Cogged brick
string beneath lancets. Cogged brick eaves cornice. East end of roof has
bell-cot with trefoil-headed openings to each side, moulded imposts and
cornice with acroteria. Small sandstone spire with weathervane. Angle of
western end has diapered black and white tile string at impost level. Entry
in recess to right-hand side has two-centred arch and two-leaved ledged doors.
Former schoolroom to right has gable front with three stepped lancets. Entry
into left return via moulded two-centred arch with two-leaved doors under gable.
Linking the two parts is a short wall with ledged door under a two-centred
head. Interior of church noted as having pine pews with readers desk on dais
at west end.
Listing NGR: SO4046874254
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings