This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1745 / 52°10'28"N
Longitude: -2.3692 / 2°22'9"W
OS Eastings: 374845
OS Northings: 252974
OS Grid: SO748529
Mapcode National: GBR 0DT.MTL
Mapcode Global: VH92Q.WLBX
Entry Name: Church of St Mary Magdalene
Listing Date: 29 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151308
Location: Alfrick, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Alfrick
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Alfrick and Lulsley
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 75 SW ALFRICK CP -
Church of St Mary
Parish church. Late C12 nave and chancel; north transept and vestry
added in 1885 by Aston Webb. Rubble stone with tiled roof, shingled
timber-framed belfry and timber-framed south porch with tiled roof.
Nave has 3 Norman windows at west end on north, west and south walls,
a cusped lancet to the north and south walls and 2 Perpendicular 2-
light windows in the south wall flanking the porch; the window right
of the porch is a C19 copy. Chancel has a cusped lancet and a Decorated
2-light window in the south wall and a Decorated 3-light east window.
North transept has a 3-light Perpendicular window in the north wall.
Vestry has a 3-light Perpendicular window in the east wall. Porch has
C19 Perpendicular carved infill decoration. Belfry has wooden sundial
on south face inscribed "On this moment hangs eternity", and a golden
cockerel weathervane. Interior; nave has C15 timber roof; simple
Norman font; early C17 altar table and altar rails with turned balusters
now moved to north transept; Jacobean screen with late C19 applied
decoration; piscina in south chancel wall; remnant of Norman sculpture
preserved in north transept wall; Flemish glass incorporated in some
windows. Kelly's Directory of Worcestershire, 1892.
Listing NGR: SO7484552974
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings