This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1216 / 52°7'17"N
Longitude: -2.3862 / 2°23'10"W
OS Eastings: 373654
OS Northings: 247105
OS Grid: SO736471
Mapcode National: GBR 0FC.X4W
Mapcode Global: VH92X.LXCY
Entry Name: Parish Hall (Old Boys School)
Listing Date: 9 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082300
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151083
Location: Cradley, County of Herefordshire, WR13
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Cradley
Built-Up Area: Cradley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Cradley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
Parish Hall (Old Boys' School)
Probably the church ale house, later school and now parish hall. Circa late C15 or early C16,
extended 1674, restored C19. Timber framed with tiled roof with gable ends. Stone plinth. Two storeys with oversailing upper floor, moulded bressumers and carved brackets and octagonal shafts on angle posts. Along the middle of upper storey is a restored moulded stringcourse. Restored wood mullion and transom windows with cusped heads. Projecting north wing added circa 1674. Rebuilt chimney stack incorporating a stone inscribed "Church Wardens, Richard Turner, William Bullock, 1674". RCHM Volume II, page 62, plate 123. AM.
The Church with the Lychgate. Parish Hall. Church Cottage and the Rectory with the wall and stables form a good group
Listing NGR: SO7365447105
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings