History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pavilion About 250 Yards South West of the Church of St Michael

A Grade II Listed Building in Tenbury, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2876 / 52°17'15"N

Longitude: -2.6146 / 2°36'52"W

OS Eastings: 358176

OS Northings: 265674

OS Grid: SO581656

Mapcode National: GBR BQ.Y101

Mapcode Global: VH84K.MRNP

Entry Name: Pavilion About 250 Yards South West of the Church of St Michael

Listing Date: 24 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1082402

English Heritage Legacy ID: 150818

Location: Tenbury, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR15

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Tenbury

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Tenbury

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Berrington

Listing Text

TENBURY CP ST MICHAELS
SO 56 NE
2/127 Pavilion about 250 yards
south-west of the
Church of St Michael

- II

Pavilion. Dated 1854 and probably by Woodyer for the Rev Sir Frederick
Gore Ouseley. Dressed coursed rubble with brick dressings, partly tile-
hung with bands of chevron-patterned tiles, plain tiled roof with overhanging
eaves and tall central brick chimney with a group of four square brick stacks
and a joint cap. L-plan. Single storey and attic with half-dormers, chamfered
plinth. Main south-west elevation: timber-framed full-height bay window to
right of centre forming gabled half-dormer to upper floor. Ground floor has a
5-light mullioned and transomed window with leaded casements. Attic storey
has 5-light window with leaded casements and beneath it are a row of quatrefoil-
shaped panels. The date "1854" is inscribed within the gable. North-west gable
end: upper storey is jettied on shaped brackets. There is an oriel attic window
with a lean-to roof and 4-light mullioned window. Beneath is the main entrance
which has a round-headed archway and a door with decorative strap hinges.


Listing NGR: SO5817665674

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.