History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Kings Head Inn

A Grade II Listed Building in Tenbury, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3091 / 52°18'32"N

Longitude: -2.5961 / 2°35'46"W

OS Eastings: 359454

OS Northings: 268052

OS Grid: SO594680

Mapcode National: GBR BQ.WRKY

Mapcode Global: VH84K.Y7D6

Entry Name: The Kings Head Inn

Listing Date: 6 October 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1082431

English Heritage Legacy ID: 150784

Location: Tenbury, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR15

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Tenbury

Built-Up Area: Tenbury Wells

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Tenbury Wells

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Tenbury

Listing Text

TENBURY CP CROSS STREET (west side)
SO 5868 - 5968
8/93 The King's Head Inn
6.10.52

GV II

Public house. Late C16 with circa 1800 and late C19 alterations. Timber-
framed with painted brick and rendered infill, brick replacement walling
and additions, plain tiled roofs and brick stack to south of front roof
pitch. Two framed bays aligned north/south; external chimney with tall
detached rebuilt brick stack at north end. Two storeys. Framing: four
rows of panels from sill to wall-plate. East front elevation has a jettied
first floor with a moulded bressummer on shaped brackets enriched with weather-
worn foliated carving. Collar and tie-beam truss with three struts below
collar and V-strut above at north end. East front elevation: ground floor
has two bays windows, first floor has two 3-light windows. Central entrance
with half-glazed door. Main entrance at north end and has a flat moulded
canopy, panelled surround and a door with four flush panels. External north
chimney is enclosed by a flat roofed single-storey addition with multi-paned
windows to the north and east. Circa 1800 parallel range at rear and sub-
stantial late C19 brick addition to south-west. (VCH IV, p 363; BoE, p 279).


Listing NGR: SO5945468052

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.