This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2693 / 52°16'9"N
Longitude: -2.3199 / 2°19'11"W
OS Eastings: 378267
OS Northings: 263510
OS Grid: SO782635
Mapcode National: GBR 0CQ.N9F
Mapcode Global: VH92C.Q7X5
Entry Name: Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082669
English Heritage Legacy ID: 152348
Location: Little Witley, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Little Witley
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Shrawley and Witley, Great and Little
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 76 SE LITTLE WITLEY CP LITTLE WITLEY
6/115 Church of St Michael
Parish church. C13 foundations, rebuilt 1867 probably by S W Perkins.
Red sandstone ashlar, tiled roof. Early English style. Nave with south
porch, north vestry, apsidal chancel. 3-bay nave, octagonal plan bell-
cote to west end, 3 columns with stiff-leaf capitals, decorative closed
sides, conical capping and finial, pointed arched, Y-traceried windows
with stiff-leaf capitals to responds, hoodmoulds and stiff-leaf stops
flank central part. Timber-framed gabled porch; doorway similar to
window surround, moulded archway and stiff-leaf ornament; buttressing
to west end and to chancel arch, semi-circular headed doorway on north
face only remains of earlier church, 2-bay chancel has simple lancets.
Interior: trussed rafter roof to nave supported on stiff-leaf corbels,
pointed chancel arch similar to doorway and window surrounds, supported
on 2 orders with sitff-leaf capitals.
Listing NGR: SO7826763510
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings