This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0384 / 52°2'18"N
Longitude: -2.4192 / 2°25'8"W
OS Eastings: 371344
OS Northings: 237858
OS Grid: SO713378
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FNKC
Mapcode Global: VH93H.01Y6
Entry Name: Upper Hall (Part of Ledbury Grammar School)
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082874
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151843
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
5245 CHURCH STREET
(South East Side)
(part of Ledbury
SO 7137 NE 2/14 18.9.53.
Late C17 south wing. Brick. Hipped roof of tiles with modillioned eaves cornice.
2 storeys, attic and cellars. Band between storeys carried up as a pediment over
east doorway. Old wood mullion/ transom casements with glazing bars. Hipped dormers.
Interior contains original staircase with moulded strings, twisted balusters, square
newels and panelled dado. Adjoining north wing joined by swept parapet, late C18/early
C19, brick, hipped tiled roof, 3 storeys, 5 windows, sashes with glazing bars and
with keyblocks in flat brick arches, stone moulded architrave to central door with
cornice on console brackets. Interior: hall with arcade on panelled piers, modillion
cornice and doorcases with shouldered architraves. Later C19 addition to north
east. Formerly residence of the Lay Vicars of Ledbury Church. Converted for use
as school. RCHM (5).
Listing NGR: SO7134437858
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings