This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4907 / 53°29'26"N
Longitude: -0.7769 / 0°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 481249
OS Northings: 400032
OS Grid: SE812000
Mapcode National: GBR RX02.MD
Mapcode Global: WHFFL.1JB8
Entry Name: Lamp Standard Approximately 12 Metres North of Number 10
Listing Date: 27 September 1951
Last Amended: 10 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083225
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165205
Location: Owston Ferry, North Lincolnshire, DN9
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Owston Ferry
Built-Up Area: Owston Ferry
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Owston Ferry St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 8000-8100 OWSTON FERRY MARKET PLACE
21/141 Lamp standard
approximately 12 metres
north of No 10
27.9.51 (formerly listed as
Lamp standard. 1866 for Frances Sandars. Ashlar base, cast-iron pedestal
and lamp. Square on plan. Moulded stepped base. Square pedestal with
moulded plinth and cornice, with plate on north side inscribed:-
Slender fluted column above, with octagonal base and lamp with domed cap.
In working order. Originally lit by gas from the village gasworks. Frances
Sandars was a local benefactor who also founded the Almshouses in Bagsby
Lane (qv), and provided many gifts for the church, including the archway to
the churchyard (qv).
Listing NGR: SE8124900032
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings