History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trentholme

A Grade II Listed Building in Owston Ferry, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5013 / 53°30'4"N

Longitude: -0.7564 / 0°45'22"W

OS Eastings: 482588

OS Northings: 401225

OS Grid: SE825012

Mapcode National: GBR RW5Y.1M

Mapcode Global: WHFFL.C826

Entry Name: Trentholme

Listing Date: 15 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083229

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165213

Location: Owston Ferry, North Lincolnshire, DN9

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Owston Ferry

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: West Butterwick St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
East Ferry

Listing Text

In the entry for:

SE 80 SW WEST BUTTERWICK KELFIELD

12/149 Trentholme

The address shall be amended to read:

SE 80 SW OWSTON FERRY KELFIELD

12/149 Trentholme

------------------------------------

SE 80 SW WEST BUTTERWICK KELFIELD

12/149 Trentholme
15.7.87

GV II

House. C17 origins, remodelled and extended in 1748 for Robert Raven, with
later C18 extension to right, and C19 alterations. Renovations of 1986-7.
Brick, in Flemish bond to earlier section of front, in English bond to right
extension. Pantile roof. L-shaped on plan: 4-room west range incorporating
2-room central entrance-hall section to left and later single-room extension
to right, with mid C18 single-room addition to rear left. 2 storeys, 4
bays. Stepped plinth. Entrance to second bay has good mid C18 doorcase
with architrave, scrolled consoles with acanthus feet, entablature with
carved Gothick frieze, central panel hung with guttae and bearing decorated
T-shaped motif, moulded cornice with Greek key ornament, and shallow hood.
C20 glazed door and plain overlight. To left, a C19 four-pane sash in C18
flush wooden architrave beneath segmental brick arch. To right, a C19
canted bay window with 2- and 4-pane sashes, pilasters, panelled frieze,
bracketed cornice and flat roof; pair of 4-pane sashes in reveals beneath
segmental arches. First floor: datestone above entrance inscribed:

Robert
Raven
1748

C19 paired 4-pane sashes to third bay, three 4-pane sashes with lintels at
eaves level. Stepped and finely-dentilled brick eaves cornice. Tumbled-in
brick to raised gable to right, roof hipped to left. Large central axial
stack. Left return has straight joint between builds, blocked window to
rear section, similar dentilled eaves cornice, large axial stack, tumbled-in
brick to raised gable. Rear gable end has blocked ground-floor opening
beneath brick flat arch, first-floor 16-pane sliding sash beneath segmental
arch, and carved stone tablet (presumably reset) inscribed:

1678
R
W S

Interior contains spine beams, inglenook fireplaces. Alterations underway
at time of resurvey.


Listing NGR: SE8258801225

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.