History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

58, Station Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Epworth, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5322 / 53°31'55"N

Longitude: -0.8338 / 0°50'1"W

OS Eastings: 477396

OS Northings: 404579

OS Grid: SE773045

Mapcode National: GBR QWML.8J

Mapcode Global: WHFFC.5H60

Entry Name: 58, Station Road

Listing Date: 15 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083244

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165153

Location: Epworth, North Lincolnshire, DN9

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Epworth

Built-Up Area: Epworth

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Epworth St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Epworth

Listing Text

SE 7604-7704 EPWORTH STATION ROAD
(north-east side)

19/92 No 58
15.7.87

GV II

Farmhouse. Probably 1810 with earlier origins; later minor alterations.
Front of red stock brick in Flemish bond, yellow-brown brick to remainder.
Pantile roof. T-shaped on plan: 2-room, central entrance-hall south front
with single-room kitchen wing to rear and contemporary outshut in left
angle. 2 storeys with attic, 3 bays; symmetrical. Pilastered doorcase with
panelled frieze and consoles carrying cornice and flat hood. C20 glazed
door beneath original ribbed lintel and plain overlight in reveal. Later
C19 4-pane sashes in original flush wooden architraves with sills beneath
channelled wedge lintels. Stepped and cogged brick eaves cornice. Stone-
coped gables with shaped kneelers. C19-C20 rebuilt end stacks. Right and
left returns have attic casements and wrought-iron figures "10" to left,
letters "G P" to right. Rear outshut has original casement with glazing
bars, and 4-pane sliding sash. Interior: early C19 open-well staircase with
ramped moulded handrail, ribbed stick balusters, turned newel-posts and
profiled cheek-pieces; panelled doors in architraves. First-floor joists
appear to have been repositioned, suggesting rebuilding or refronting.
Damaged datestone, now in garden, inscribed "E M" (top section missing),
1774
was removed during C20 rebuilding of stack to rear gable.


Listing NGR: SE7739604579

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.