This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5309 / 53°31'51"N
Longitude: -0.833 / 0°49'58"W
OS Eastings: 477454
OS Northings: 404436
OS Grid: SE774044
Mapcode National: GBR QWMM.G0
Mapcode Global: WHFFC.5JM0
Entry Name: Stable/Granary/Pigeoncote and Adjoining Outbuilding Approximately 30 Metres South West of Number 35 (Home Farmhouse)
Listing Date: 10 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083248
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165157
Location: Epworth, North Lincolnshire, DN9
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Epworth
Built-Up Area: Epworth
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Epworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 7604-7704 EPWORTH STATION ROAD
and adjoining outbuilding
approximately 30 metres
south-west of No 35 (Home
Stable/granary/pigeoncote and adjoining outbuilding. Probably 1809.
Yellow-brown brick. Pantile roof. Forms south side of courtyard. 3-storey
single-room stable/granary with single-storey single-room outbuilding to
east. North side: stable/granary has round-headed entrances to ground and
first floors, the latter with a board door; blind lunette to second floor;
dentilled brick eaves cornice. Stone-coped gables with shaped kneelers.
Left gable end has boarded round-headed opening to attic with 2 tiers of
circular pigeon holes and shelves; wrought-iron weather-vane. Right gable
end bears wrought-iron figures "18". Rear has round-headed ground-floor
opening, square-headed first-floor opening with 4 slots below (probably
sockets for former loading-platform supports), round-headed second-floor
opening. Outbuilding has round-headed opening to rear with recessed
blocking, dentilled brick eaves cornice. All doorways have large ashlar
blocks for hinges and catches. Probably contemporary with the threshing
barn on the north side of the courtyard (qv) dated 1809.
Listing NGR: SE7745404436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings