History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable/Granary/Pigeoncote Approximately 20 Metres North of Number 16 (Poplars Farmhouse)

A Grade II Listed Building in Epworth, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5354 / 53°32'7"N

Longitude: -0.8402 / 0°50'24"W

OS Eastings: 476966

OS Northings: 404934

OS Grid: SE769049

Mapcode National: GBR QWKK.WC

Mapcode Global: WHFFC.2D5J

Entry Name: Stable/Granary/Pigeoncote Approximately 20 Metres North of Number 16 (Poplars Farmhouse)

Listing Date: 10 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083249

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165158

Location: Epworth, North Lincolnshire, DN9

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Epworth

Built-Up Area: Epworth

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Epworth St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Epworth

Listing Text

SE 7604-7704 EPWORTH WEST END ROAD
(north-east side)

19/97 Stable/granary/pigeoncote
approximately 20 metres
north of No 16 (Poplars
Farmhouse)

- II

Stable/granary/pigeoncote. 1808. Brown brick. Concrete tile roof.
Single-room plan. 3 storeys, 2 first-floor windows. South side: central
round-headed board door beneath rubbed-brick arch with ashlar keystone,
flanked by C20 2-light casements in original openings beneath segmental
stretcher arches. Pair of similar first-floor windows beneath segmental
header arches. Central round-headed opening to second floor with twin
openings (boarded over at time of resurvey) beneath 4 panes. Stepped and
dentilled brick eaves cornice. Tumbled-in brick to raised gables. Gable
ends bear wrought-iron figures "1808". Right return has brick staircase
with sandstone treads to first-floor board door beneath brick flat arch;
recessed round-headed panel to attic with blocked pigeon holes. Rear has 3
small breathers to ground floor; segmental-headed first-floor hatch with
louvred doors.


Listing NGR: SE7696604934

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.