This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8129 / 53°48'46"N
Longitude: -0.1965 / 0°11'47"W
OS Eastings: 518841
OS Northings: 436687
OS Grid: TA188366
Mapcode National: GBR WS2B.7X
Mapcode Global: WHHGK.YFL9
Entry Name: The Orangery Approximately 10 Metres to South-West of Burton Constable Hall
Listing Date: 16 December 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083445
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166679
Location: Burton Constable, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU11
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Burton Constable
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Swine with Ellerby St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
BURTON CONSTABLE BURTON CONSTABLE PARK
9/4 The Orangery
approximately 10 metres
16.12.66 to south-west of Burton
GV II *
Orangery. 1788-89 with later additions and alterations. By Thomas Atkinson
for William Constable. Pinkish-red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar
dressings and glass roof. Single storey, 7 bays, with outshut to rear, the
outer bays break forward slightly and are pedimented. Ashlar plinth. 3
steps to central entrance, double multi-paned glass doors with fanlight with
glazing bars. Otherwise 30-pane round-arched sashes with radial glazing to
heads to full height. Moulded impost band. Paterae in spandrels, except to
outer bays which have circular plaques with figures. Frieze decorated with
palm fronds, cornice and low parapet surmounted by central figure of plenty
flanked by urns, pineapple finials and female figures to outer pediments.
Roof slopes downwards to rear.
Listing NGR: TA1884136687
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings