History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6842 / 53°41'3"N

Longitude: -0.013 / 0°0'46"W

OS Eastings: 531324

OS Northings: 422693

OS Grid: TA313226

Mapcode National: GBR XTBV.Z1

Mapcode Global: WHHH7.SN0H

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 27 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083454

English Heritage Legacy ID: 166595

Location: Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Patrington

Built-Up Area: Patrington

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Patrington St Patrick

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Patrington

Listing Text

PATRINGTON NORTHSIDE
TA 3022-3122
(north side)
15/52 No 7 (The Manor House)
GV II

House. 1743 with later alterations, extensively restored c1980. Red brick
with pantile roof. Plan: 4 rooms, with large entrance/stairhall to right
flanked by drawing and dining rooms, secondary staircase and kitchen to
left. 2 storeys, 4 bays: symmetrical 3-bay entrance front with single-bay to
right and single storey, single-bay kitchen second to left. 6-fielded-panel door beneath.
moulded hood on inserted ornate carved wooden consoles with floral drops.
Ashlar tablet above with moulded surround, inscribed: Elenor. 16-pane
Ellis
1743
sashes in flush wooden architraves, apart from narrower 12-pane sash above
entrance; similar 16-pane sash to kitchen section. All windows C20
replacements with ashlar sills. Stone-coped and tumbled brick gables.
Axial and end stacks, that to right external. Interior largely remodelled
in C20, with restored flying staircase and balcony to entrance hall;
original two-flight return secondary staircase with closed string, corniced
handrail, plain newel supported by carved scrolled bracket (perhaps C17
reset), and distinctive turned balusters with short columns, bulbs, urns and
square knops; chamfered oak beams and rebuilt elliptical-arched fireplace to
kitchen; fielded-panel doors and window shutters in architraves.


Listing NGR: TA3132422693

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.