This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0956 / 54°5'44"N
Longitude: -0.1938 / 0°11'37"W
OS Eastings: 518219
OS Northings: 468140
OS Grid: TA182681
Mapcode National: GBR WP22.VL
Mapcode Global: WHHF7.0B02
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapels
Listing Date: 9 January 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083635
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166233
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO16
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bridlington
Built-Up Area: Bridlington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bridlington Priory Church (St Mary)
Church of England Diocese: York
5268 SEWERBY ROAD
TA 1868 16/284
Circa 1879. Architect, Alfred Smith of Nottingham. Pair of chapels in ashlar
with Welsh slate roofs. Roundel windows in gables above Decorated windows. Linked
by triple arcades with carved capitals, lined with polychrome brickwork. Centre
tower and spire, through octagonal lantern. Plaque with date and carved angel.
Carved angels to ribs of tower, and numerous gargoyles to exterior.
Cemetery Lodge Cemetery Chapels and wall to Cemetery form a group.
Listing NGR: TA1821968140
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings