This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0931 / 54°5'35"N
Longitude: -0.207 / 0°12'25"W
OS Eastings: 517363
OS Northings: 467837
OS Grid: TA173678
Mapcode National: GBR VPZ3.ZH
Mapcode Global: WHHF6.SDM1
Entry Name: The Toft
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083660
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166104
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO16
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bridlington
Built-Up Area: Bridlington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bridlington Priory Church (St Mary)
Church of England Diocese: York
5268 HIGH STREET
No 43 (The Toft)
TA 1767 NW 1/9 7.9.51.
Built in 1673, refronted mid C19. 3 storeys in red brick with pantile roof and
moulded eaves cornice. Originally of 2 storeys and attics. 2-1-1 windows, the
3rd bay from the left breaks forward, hung sashes with glazing bars, rusticated
lintels with keystones. 1st floor windows have hood on console brackets. 2 windows
to ground floor have shutters. String courses to cills. Brick plinth with foot
scraper. Entrance of fluted Tuscan pilasters and cornice, panelled reveals. Door
of 5 fielded panels under 4-light rectangular fanlight. To left, door of 6 fielded
panels with 3-light rectangular fanlight under rusticated lintel.
Interior is a fine example of unusual late C17 work, with panelling, elaborate
over-doors, and good staircase with finials and pendants.
Nos 29 to 35 (odd), 35A to 69 (odd), 73 to 93 (odd) form a group. Nos 37
to 4l (odd) are of local interest.
Listing NGR: TA1735867827
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings