History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Broughton Grange Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Broughton, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5806 / 53°34'50"N

Longitude: -0.5366 / 0°32'11"W

OS Eastings: 496985

OS Northings: 410327

OS Grid: SE969103

Mapcode National: GBR SWP1.M6

Mapcode Global: WHGGF.Q8PD

Entry Name: Broughton Grange Farmhouse

Listing Date: 6 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083736

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165983

Location: Broughton, North Lincolnshire, DN20

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Broughton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Broughton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Wrawby

Listing Text


SE 91 SE BROUGHTON B 1208
(east side, off)

4/24 Broughton Grange
Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. 1848. Squared limestone with ashlar and stucco dressings;
rendered brick stacks. Slate roof. Tudor Revival style. L-shaped on plan,
with 2-room central entrance-hall west front, south garden front and
secondary entrance to north front. West front: 2 storeys, 3 bays, with
3 full-height gabled projecting square bays. Chamfered plinth. Central
recessed half-glazed panelled door in chamfered reveal with quoined stucco
jambs and hood-mould. Side bays have plate-glass casements in chamfered
reveals with quoined stucco surrounds. Moulded first-floor string course to
bays; stepped-in upper sections each have 2-light windows in similar stucco
surrounds beneath stone-coped gables with shaped kneelers. Swept roof with
stone-coped gables and shaped kneelers. Chamfered and corniced axial stack
to left of centre, similar stack to rear. Left return: 4 irregular bays,
with slightly-recessed 2-bay central section between gabled wings; outshut
to left. Steps to board door to second bay in chamfered reveal with quoined
stucco surround, similar entrance to outshut. 3-light window to first bay,
2-light window to third bay; full-height canted bay to right, stuccoed above
coursed stone plinth, with casements in chamfered reveals, moulded string
course and smaller similar first-floor casements beneath coped parapet.
Single-light and 2-light first-floor windows to left in stucco surrounds.
Coped gables with shaped kneelers. South front has ground-floor cross-
mullioned windows and C20 ground-floor bay, 3 single-light dormer windows to
right with coped gables. Interior contains moulded cornices, panelled doors
and window shutters etc.


Listing NGR: SE9698510327

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.