History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables and Coach House to Burton Agnes Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.053 / 54°3'10"N

Longitude: -0.3177 / 0°19'3"W

OS Eastings: 510229

OS Northings: 463201

OS Grid: TA102632

Mapcode National: GBR VP7K.0W

Mapcode Global: WHHFC.2DZ8

Entry Name: Stables and Coach House to Burton Agnes Hall

Listing Date: 17 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1083817

English Heritage Legacy ID: 167777

Location: Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Burton Agnes

Built-Up Area: Burton Agnes

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Burton Agnes St Martin

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Burton Agnes

Listing Text

BURTON AGNES MAIN STREET
TA 1063-1163
(north side, off)
11/21 Stables and coach-nouse
to Burton Agnes Hall

GV II

Stables and coach-houses, now cafe, house and shop. 'HB 1859' above main
entrance, for Henry Boynton. Reddish-orange brick with ashlar dressings and
Welsh slate roof. U-shaped on plan. Gabled, 2-storey central break forward
with 2 first-floor windows, with single-storey, 3-bay ranges to either side
and single-storey, 3-bay wings. Plinth with chamfered ashlar copings.
Central break-forward and wings have ashlar quoins. Centre: central
entrance a now part-glazed, 6-panel door with chamfered jambs and moulded
ashlar lintel. To either side are 3-stepped-light mullion windows with
casements, the centre light with rounded head, chamfered ashlar sills and
moulded lintels. First floor: continuous ashlar sill band. Round-arched,
fixed-light windows with continuous moulded ashlar impost band rising to
form hoodmoulds with keystones. Gable has blind ashlar datestone. Carved
kneelers with ornate mouldings and ball finials. Moulded ashlar copings.
Ball finial at apex. Ranges to either side alike: central entrances, that
to right part-glazed, blocked 6-panel doors; 6-pane casements with chamfered
sills and moulded lintels. Stepped eaves. Wings: that to south has 2
segmental-arched carriage entrances with chamfered jambs and quoined ashlar
arches, double board doors, now part-glazed. Further entrance a board door
with moulded lintel. To north: 2 similar carriage entrances and further
similar door with 6-pane casement windows between. Stepped eaves. Gable
ends have moulded kneelers, moulded ashlar copings and ball finial to apex.


Listing NGR: TA1023463191

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.