This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0383 / 54°2'17"N
Longitude: -0.2392 / 0°14'20"W
OS Eastings: 515411
OS Northings: 461690
OS Grid: TA154616
Mapcode National: GBR VPSR.04
Mapcode Global: WHHFD.9RCK
Entry Name: St Edmunds Chapel
Listing Date: 17 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083849
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167756
Location: Barmston, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Barmston
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Barmston All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 16 SE
St Edmunds Chapel
Chapel. C13, virtually rebuilt 1893 by Smith and Brodrick. Cobbles and
coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and plain tile roof with crested ridge
tiles. 4 bay nave and chancel in one with western bellcote. Quoins. West
elevation has tall chamfered lancet with bracketed bellcote above to ridge.
Bellcote has moulded semi-circular headed opening and gabled top. South
elevation has moulded pointed doorcase to west with moulded imposts. Three
chamfered lancets to east. Four similar windows to north elevation. East
end has triple stepped chamfered lancets with moulded sill. All openings have
hoodmoulds, and rubble relieving arches over. Sprocketed eaves and stone coped
gables. Interior has round C13 column with moulded capital embedded in south
wall. Arched braced roof on stone corbels. C13 drum font. East window has
banded colonnettes, moulded arches and continuous hood.
Listing NGR: TA1541161690
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings